This amazing new addition to the Hatteras line is raising the bar for what we would expect in an express sportfish. She has the raw performance and seakeeping ability of her Cabo predecessors, but the table manners and fit and finish of the finest Hatteras Yachts.
Having sea trialed her myself multiple times I was highly impressed by the ride, here are a couple of the high points:
1. Fast– with optional CAT C-18 1150hp motors she will cruise in the 32-35kt range and top out at over 42kts…this is really fast for a 45ft. express with a 16’4″ beam!
2. Solid– with a resin infused solid fiberglass unibonded hull, shoebox fit bolted and bonded hull and topside, all cabinetry bonded to the hull, and a generally overbuild nature you feel secure when pounding through rough seas…no shaking or shuttering…just solid.
3. Quiet and Smooth– one of the biggest complaints of the old Cabos was the noise and chatter…Hatteras went above and beyond here to quiet down the engine noise through high grade insulation, special mufflers, air induction prop tunnels, and sound deadening paint…all together resulted in a ride that is well mannered as a Hatteras Motoryacht.
4. Visibility- Thanks in part to the huge single pane front windshield the visibility is incredible! All around the helm in a 360 degree turn the line of sight is great. No big stanchions or posts to get in your way…just a great unobstructed view.
5. Fit and Finish– The modern styling of the 45 Hatteras can be attributed to the excellent Hatteras design team, the cabin is light, airy and up to date. Upholstery choices are spot on and comfortable, with an abundance of cupholders that were mysteriously missing from older models.
6. All the Options– The 45 Hatteras Express comes with an extensive a la carte menu for you to choose from, allowing an owner to custom tailor it to his personal needs and boating style. Some of the big ones include a Sportfish Tower, Gyro Stabilizer, CAT 360 joystick docking and station keeping, 1 or 2 stateroom layout, teak decks…and much more
In summary, the new 45 Hatters hits all the high points dead on…the rugged offshore fishing machine meets classy refinement in style with impeccable fit and finish.
If you would like to discuss the 45 Hatteras further I would be happy to fill you in with more details. shoot me an e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or call my cell 727-453-0422
See below some pictures of the 45 Hatteras Express: